Bleach: Destiny's Door
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bleach: Destiny's Door

A site for those that wish to rp as a character from the anime/manga or who wish to plunge themselves into the universe by making an original character :D

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Hi, We have moved to a new location. Please visit the following link to visit us: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Bleach_Destinys_Door/index.php?act=idx
Similar topics
Latest topics
» After a day at school (Inoue private)
Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2018 11:45 pm by Ichimaru Gin

» Facing It [Gin]
Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 10:47 pm by Ichimaru Gin

» Aizen Sousuke
Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:53 am by Aizen Sousuke

» Marriage Dresses
Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:43 pm by Guest

» free dating site 2008
Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:37 pm by Guest

» Tips While You Quest after By reason of The Treadmills
Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 2:11 am by Guest

» Destination Australia an eye to Web Design Outsourcing
Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 11:51 pm by Guest

» Clear acne using Proactiv Solution
Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2011 6:53 pm by Guest

» When the first Whirlpool Duet album was released in December 2001
Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 12:34 am by Guest

Copyright
All plots and ideas located on and within the site are copyrighted to Lightning and their originators, and should not be reproduced unless given permission. All character profiles are copyrighted to their owners, and all images depicting appearance of characters and are located in each user's signature are copyrighted to their original makers, not the users, unless the user is the maker. No credit is taken for images not created by the users on this site and should not be construed as such. All skins currently present are copyrighted to Lightning copyrighted to both include colors, designs, ideas, and images, though not all images. All images used in the creation of this skin and previous skins are copyrighted to their original owners.

Differences between Humans and Shinigami

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hiei

Hiei

Differences between Humans and Shinigami Empty
PostSubject: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:55 am

Now, yesterday I was in a discussion with a fellow member (Can't remember the name, sorry), and his Zanpaktou was denied for having a too strong G force behind an attack. Now, I know this is an RP, and all things have to be fair, but this made me think...

Basically, Shinigami are superior to your regular human in every way. They are stronger than a world class boxer, more resilient than... Someone highly resilient... Faster than an olympic sprinter. But here's where I myself am confused, what can a Shinigami survive what a Human cannot? Crashing through buildings seems likely. Take a Cero without fatal damage says they can also take quite the hit. Now, as we all know, or should know, 100g's is fatal to a human. However, it is also these very same humans that discovered a way to hit someone with a shield for 300g (The Spartans shield, if used as a shield bash, created 300g's of force). What would this do to your run of the mill Shinigami? Some would call it fatal to them, but I can't see it. Renji, for one, got pretty owned by Byakuya's Bankai. Any human taking that damage would be obliterated and the corpse would never be found. Ichigo vs Byakuya, he takes Senbonzakura pouring down on him and still got up. That must have been some amount of pressure right?

The only reason I bring this up is basically to figure out how much stronger a spiritually imbued being is physically. If we can find that out, we would be able to remove a level of OPness to some applications, and weakness to others. Just how lethal is 100g's to an Arrancar or Shinigami? Discuss?

Much love.

Hiei
Back to top Go down
Vincenzo

Vincenzo

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:06 am

You bring up quite a point, Hiei, but as well as looking into what a shinigami can actually survive compared to a human, we also must take into regards what it is that all races can survive compared to humans, and not just Arrancar or Shinigami.
Back to top Go down
Hiei

Hiei

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:20 am

Yes, indeed, I was just being generic. They are the two most popular (Normally) races on a site, so I just used them. I also don't believe in bount... But that's just me. The only other race left is superhuman, of which i'm counting Quincy in. So yeah...

Superhuman (Quincy inc)
Arrancar
Shinigami
Bount (Snicker)

Are what needs to be discussed. Shoot? XD
Back to top Go down
Vincenzo

Vincenzo

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:23 am

Well, I'd say the race we'd have to discuss first out of all of them would be Super Humans (And not just because I am one lol) If we can find out just how much stronger a super human is compared to a regular human, then we can move upwards of that since most people consider Shinigami and Hollow above them in power, which I still find flawed (Now that came from me being a Super Human) lol
Back to top Go down
Hiei

Hiei

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:33 am

Considering Superhumans most match humans, it would be the ideal place to start, that much is true. However, there is one thing with superhumans that greatly differs from most other races, and that is the sheer variety they have the potential to achieve. They could do things a Shinigami could never hope to do. And what you say about them being below Shinigami and Arrancar, I personally don't see it like that. I believe Humans have the potential to be the strongest race by far. Again, variety. Shinigami are always linked to their Zanpaktou, Superhumans abilities aren't linked in that way, and leaves so much room for greatness. With choice comes power. (True opinion, i'm not trying to make you feel better or change anyone's views xP).

So yeah, we will start with Superhumans (These should be the hardest to give an accurate representation, again because one human could be a tank while another could be a feather).
Back to top Go down
Vincenzo

Vincenzo

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:14 am

That's true, it all depends on the abilities of the human in question, but it also depends on the level that said human is on. With that said, I guess the way you would have see just how much stronger they'd be than a regular human only translates into just what their spiritual energy levels are. These power levels can either move up, or they can go down, or they can stay the same. If we don't create a way for people to grow and become stronger, then god modding (since you talked about OPness in your first post) will continue, because those at higher ranks will always assume that they hold dominion and have any confrontation "in the bag", since ranks (such as captain, espada etc) are the only way we have of really gauging power, which in a sense is flawed as well. There have been many instances where people without those ranks have been stronger than those with them.
Back to top Go down
Hiei

Hiei

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:30 am

Well yes, theoretically, as a Superhuman gets stronger, so does their resistance in general. However, there's also the case of Superhumans like Orihime, who's power augmentation doesn't work on a physical level. Those like her should be at a normal human level when it comes to taking damage in my opinion. However, my initial idea was to generalize it like you said, based on spiritual energy. Arrancar should have an advantage here, due to Hierro.

On the subject of higher ranks holding domination, I personally agree with this in many respects. The only person I can really remember surpassing a Captain level of the same race is Ichigo, and for fairness sake I won't include him. A Lieutenant and third seat have achieved Bankai, and they wouldn't be able to beat a Captain yet, but they would have the potential to soon. Because of this, I think strength should be measured on the power of their Bankai and how well they have mastered it. If a Lieutenant has mastered his Bankai, he is as strong as a Captain, no questions asked.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Admin
Lightning

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 11:04 am

The thing you are referring to was not a zanpaktou it was a quincy bow. Also this is a good discussion but i fail to see what the point is? Call me stupid if you must but what on earth is your point? o.O i am lost here xD
Back to top Go down
https://bleachdestinysdoor.rpg-board.net
Hiei

Hiei

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Simply one thing. As say, a shinigami, if someone hit me with 100gs of force I personally would think minimal damage. Would some consider it a lethal hit because a human would die to it? Definately. Clarification is the point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Differences between Humans and Shinigami   Differences between Humans and Shinigami Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Differences between Humans and Shinigami
Page 1 of 1